Sunday, November 29, 2020

Mountain of God

 

Mark 9:9  “And as they were coming down the mountain, he charged them to tell no one what they had seen, until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.”




In tears I say this, I’ve been to the mountain, and fearfully, I’ve taken some ground there. And the Son of Man has risen from the dead, and I will tell you what I’ve seen there. 

For five years I’ve seen a homeless man receive the covering of God, and provision for his sorry state.

And His Father is my Father and He is good to His own. He has surely rendered goodness out of this dry land and given it to His child. And I am one of those. And so is this man who God sees and loves and has loved in a way that I recognize.  We have talked about it together, and together we have seen and shared in the protection and Love of the Lion of righteousness who guards over us with a vengeance and with vigilant eyes to do us good.

There is no man or demon who will stand against Him and His fiery goodness because He is our rescuer and redeemer.  He truly has a place in the world for the outcast.  Because there is no outcast in God. The whole world doesn’t know what to do with them, and I know that very well, but God has good and kind intentions for their tender lives.   He is a consuming fire that will not be quenched until He has rendered goodness to those He loves. It’s a fearful thing to be close to that fire. In the words of the great Jess Ray, “I was a fool to think your fire would only warm me.” It will consume you and your selfish heart will gratefully melt away as you become a vessel for His ministry.

These are only some of the things I’ve seen on the mountain of God. And it’s merciful to me to see them in the eternal sense. Although at the same time awesome to me.

 



 

No comments: