Thursday, December 26, 2019

Being Quiet



"Yahweh will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."
                                         -Zeph_3:17  


Your mind is full of plans and concerns and hopes and people....
You're quite wrapped up in the fury of it all.
Jesus walks into the room and says, "Son..."
"...
"Stop... just for a moment..."
"Put all those thoughts away right now and be quiet."

Your response is, "What... what do you want to say to me?"

You're not quiet yet.

Quiet means you have no questions, you put them away for the moment, along with all the juggling balls in your mind.
He's not saying be quiet so I can talk to you.
He's just saying be quiet in His presence. No questions, no plans, worries or people.
You alone and still, with Him.
No words. Just still with Him.

That is a place the Holy Spirit brought me to the other day as I was just sinning away- blurting out my worthless opinions about everything and everyone... I was a mess of error and bad behavior.  Nothing in my mind or heart was giving my heavenly Father any room to speak or instruct, or move, or... anything.  I was, in fact, missing my true place- the place I was made to live in... and find real life, with God.

In truth, I had hurt someone, and woke up the next day with a deep conviction of the Holy Spirit, and was ashamed.
In that conviction He led me to a place that put to rest everything that cluttered my mind and heart.
Stop... all your thoughts, just stop... you haven't left any place for Me. There's no room in this mess.
My thoughts all deflated like lawn ornaments as I agreed and wanted to go with Him.
I'm returning to that place often these days.


"My people will abide in... quiet resting places."
                                  - Isaiah 32:18  




No comments: